Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry provides comprehensive orthodontic care for children, teens, and adults. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff can create a beautiful, healthy smile by using state-of-the-art orthodontic techniques and equipment.
What do braces do?
Braces apply gentle pressure to move a patient’s teeth into proper alignment, correct an uneven bite, and can help treat jaw joint disorders. Treatment time is case specific and dependent on age, how well the patient cooperates with the treatment and the severity of their dental issues.
Orthodontic treatment is available and suitable for patients of all ages, although research shows that one in five orthodontic patients are adults. It is never too late to have straight teeth. During your consultation, ask us about tooth-colored braces, or the clear way to straighten teeth with Invisalign.
Orthodontic care options at Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry include the following:
- These are ideal for individuals who want to make their braces less noticeable. Unlike traditional metal brackets, tooth-colored brackets are made of durable dental ceramic and matched to the color of your natural teeth.
- Many patients think that these ceramic brackets also are more comfortable than their metal counterparts, and cause less irritation of the lips, gums, and cheeks.
- Focuses on repositioning the upper and lower jaws to create a better profile, a comfortable bite, and straightens teeth.
- Can also be used to expand sinuses, or to correct breathing problems or sleep breathing disorders such as sleep apnea.
- A subset of functional orthodontics that focuses on straightening teeth for proper alignment to create an optimal bite. Usually used as a phase of TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) therapy, neuromuscular orthodontics can correct any shift in jaw position that occurs due to TMJ.
Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry also has a couple of treatment methods available as alternatives to traditional braces:
ALF Appliance – The Alternative Lightwire Functional Appliance is a device that straightens teeth while also aligning the cranial bones, which produces positive changes in muscle function. The ALF appliance is a barely visible, holistic option for orthodontics. Patients also appreciate that ALF Appliance therapy is more comfortable than traditional braces. Only three offices on the Central Coast offer this particular orthodontic treatment, and Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry is one of them.
Crozat Appliance – Known as the “grandfather” to the ALF, the Crozat Appliance is a treatment method that is ideal for young children to encourage the growth of the mouth as a means of dealing with overcrowded teeth. The Crozat widens the arches of the mouth and fosters bone growth, rather than just straightening the teeth themselves. The Crozat Appliance is removable, can be adjusted
easily, plus patients appreciate that it is practically unnoticeable. If you are searching for an alternative to the traditional fixed orthodontics, the Crozat Appliance may be right for you.
Ready to learn more? Call our office at (831) 438-4411 to schedule an appointment.
Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry serves patients located in the California communities of Los Gatos, Santa Cruz, and Scotts Valley.