Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, CA
Chronic headaches, facial pain, ringing in the ears, neck and shoulder pain, tingling fingertips, headaches, jaw pain, and popping and clicking in the temporomandibular (TM) joints are just a few of the many symptoms that can affect patients suffering with TMJ.
Dr. Max Ebrahimian and Dr. Ariana Ebrahimian have made neuromuscular dentistry an integral part of their practice in order to help patients overcome these painful conditions and provide them with a healthy, harmonious bite (occlusion).
The neuromuscular dentist understands that the teeth, joints, and muscles are part of an integrated system, and seeks to restore that system to proper function and balance. If Dr. Max and Dr. Ariana determine that a poor bite is causing your facial pain or other symptoms, they will develop a treatment plan based on your individual needs.
Ebrahimian Integrative Dentistry offers a number of solutions to help stabilize your bite and allow your jaw muscles and joints to remain in their most comfortable, relaxed position. These include :
• Orthotic therapy — Custom-fabricated orthotics correct the relationship of upper and lower jaws, allowing muscles and joints to function optimally. These appliances can be either fixed or removable depending on your individual needs.
• Bite Adjustments — Also known as “coronoplasty.” Establishing neuromuscular balance may be as easy as re-countouring the natural surfaces of your teeth.
• Neuromuscular Functional Orthodontics (NMFO®) — Unlike traditional orthodontics, NMFO®
straightens the teeth into a functional bite by incorporating the use of a neuromuscular orthotic.
• Cosmetic and restorative procedures — Replacing missing teeth, and placement of crowns or veneers may be an option to provide you with a healthy, comfortable and functional smile.
• Full Mouth Rejuvenation — Once the neuromuscular bite is confirmed, Dr. Max and Dr. Ariana are able to take you from problem bite to perfect bite in as few as two visits with porcelain crowns and veneers.
• Co-management of oral surgery cases — If you require surgical correction, you’ll feel confident knowing that Dr. Max and Dr. Ariana will refer you to some of the best oral surgeons in the country. This team approach allows for efficient care and optimum results.
All of these neuromuscular solutions rely on the power of technology. Some of the instruments Dr. Max and Dr. Ariana use to establish and verify a proper bite relationship are:
• K7 — A sophisticated computer program capable of tracking jaw movements, joint sounds, and function. It is able to find your ideal neuromuscular bite with pinpoint accuracy.
• TENS unit — Ultra-low Frequency Transcutaneous Electro-Neural Stimulation helps relax the muscles so an accurate bite record can be taken.
• Ionophoresis — A safe approach to pain management utilizing transdermal medicament application.
Get our free report: TMJ Dysfunction – The Great Imposter